Friday, April 27, 2012

Getting worse..

Even though I was on sick leave and had a nice stash of painkillers (Panacod 500mg, Burana 600mg) and such at home, my cough was going insane and I had to visit Keskusta 3 once again! At this point sleeping at night was really hard due to cough attacks and constant slimyness in the throat and I had also had a slight fever (37,5C) on Wednesday (25/4). I could also feel a mild pain in my chest from time to time. Like always they sent me to check my CRP value and like always it was elevated enough to get another lung infection diagnosis. This time they prescribed me a batch of Avelox 400mg (10 days) which is like the scariest poison I had ever had to eat. The list of side effects was endless! Moxifloxacin is the working ingredient and I guess it is a very broad spectrum antibiotic but not as broad as the list of symptoms I was waiting to experience. On top of everything it was expensive like hell! About 10x the price of the other stuff I had been prescribed so far.

She also though it could be good to have a strong cough medicine, Codesan 500ml, and a pack of Precosa 250mg to prevent diarrhea caused by the strong antibiotics. Didn't get that though, my stomach can handle most things! (And it did..) Before I had time to tell the doc I already was on sick leave she had printed me a new one from 27/4-3/5. Needless to say I didn't send that paper to my employer since I already had sent the one with sick leave until 6/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment