Thursday, August 16, 2012

Chemo 4 of 6 and CT-scan!!

Well well, one more intravenous toxindump completed (2/8) and hopefully only two left?! The results of the CT (14/8) will determine if the 6x CHOP-R will be enough. And no, I don't have the results yet. As usual I'll have to walk around on nails and wait for it for a week or so. At least they gave me a leaded cup to protect what's left of my balls this time. Considering it's my third body scan it's kind of strange this is the first time I saw one of those. Also this time I didn't have to go all radioactive, it was a basic CT-scan, not a PET-scan.

Apparently my veins went missig again (1/8) at my previous lab visit. She changed arms three times to find a suitable candidate and yet again she had to go digging around with the needle to get blood. Even that failed so she made another hole next to it until she finally struck oil. I'm getting so used to needle-fails by now I pretty much laughed at the whole procedure. The important thing is that my blood, liver and kindney values are still back to normal every three weeks! So I'm really kicking ass with that! (4-0 Me!)

Since pretty much the entire hospital were on vacation I had my chemo down in the cellar in the T-hospital this time. I thought I would only get a chair and sit in a circle with a bunch of old people knitting and doing crosswords, but as usual I got my own room with TV and adjustable bed (while the old people sat out in the hall). I guess they really do feel sorry for young cancer patients? This time I got cookies too! Loots of cookies!! =)

Anywhoo, I'll post some results and stuff as soon as I know more!

3 comments:

  1. Fint att du uppdaterar bloggen om vad som hände då jag inte träffar dig speciellt ofta nu..jag håller tummarna här på andra sidan sjön :) kram!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastiskt att läsa o se den BÄSTA attityden nånsin! You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete