Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!!

I have to admit I was a bit pissed off with the "bad service" at TYKS this time around, so far I have never had to wait for several days for anything. Now I had to wait for an entire weekend and then some. But when I finally got there on Monday everything worked like clockwork! In a miniscule window of time I had to see the doctor, pick up a friend, go shopping for booze and explosives, drop off the friend, get back to the hospital, pick him up again, pick up my fianceĆ©, pack everything up and organize a party for 14 people! And yes, it worked! I got to the hospital at 11:30, the doctor was available at 11:45.. It was the same doc that made the final dignosis and treatment scheme for the Lymphoma so I guess I was in good hands. She was pretty confident it was the radiation pneumonitis I have probably mentioned as a possible side-effect earlier but just to be sure she booked a blood test and lung x-ray. By 12:30 I had taken both. And the blood sample was taken with only one sting.. Imagine that! =) (So much for avoiding the blood lab 'til February) By 14:00 I had to be back at the hospital for results and prescriptions. The X-ray was in agreement with a pneumonitis and the blood sample had a slightly elevated CRP so back on cortisone and antibiotics! Both were old acquaintances: Prednisolone (20days) and Doximycin (8 days). (And a shitload of Ventoline!!) But I'll start with that crap next year! =) By 16:00 we were already setting up the party and we had a great new years celebration! Enter 2013!!

And yeah, I won't be going to work 2/1/2013. Sick leave continued..

No comments:

Post a Comment