Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Wheezing X-mas

The week before christmas I started to notice some degree of wheezing and bubbling in the lungs again when laying in bed trying to sleep. As usual the noice was worse when having all my weight on the left side of the ribcage (the cancer side) and only when breating deep slow breaths, as you would when you sleep. I think I even had to get up some nights to take a whiff of the good 'ol Ventoline (the one I got for my "asthma") to make it stop. The weekend before x-mas was even worse, didn't get quality sleep at all, and x-mas at the parents house made the symptoms go totally bananas! A house with two cats and six dogs running around wasn't what the doctor ordered for my already shitty lung-situation. Even with almost overdosing with allergy pills and regularly sucking on the ventoline discus I had constantly trouble breathing and felt short of breath even sitting down most of the time during x-mas eve. The only positive side is I didn't eat too much since filling the stomach maked breating even harder. During the night when I sleep in the "allergy-house" things usually get a bit better but once I go back to the main building it hits you like an avalanche in a matter of minutes. So after sleeping badly for about 6h and spending a few hours upstairs (where the cats hang out most of the time) x-mas day turned out to be one of the worst days since the start of the cancer. At about 4-5 pm I almost had to crawl back to bed (which was 150m away through deep snow) and I really had to dig deep not to collapse half way since I wasn't getting any oxygen at all. Felt like I was barely conscious and I had to take a break every few steps I managed to walk. Probably should've asked someone to help me out a bit? Well, I managed to get to my inhaler so I could breathe again and sleep a few hours in a cat-free environment. By this time I waqs also pretty sure I was running a fever. I think I woke up at 9 pm and by that time everyone had left except my parents so once I got back x-mas was pretty much over. Fun day!

I didn't spend much time in the big house after that, sat around in the allergy house 'til 4-5 am and slept like 10h after that. Most of the allergy symptoms was gone but by then but the cough was so bad that my entire ribcage and spine was hurting with every movement. Also the wheezing was loud and disturbing which ever way I tried to sleep so maybe it's time to call the radiation doctor and ask what's up! The next day I call TYKS to explain my situation but naturally 90% of the doctors are off for the holidays so the only available time is on new years eve..! The funny thing is that my inhaler is empty too, so all I can do is eat painkillers and pray for the next three days! Oh glorious christmas time..

No comments:

Post a Comment