Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Ultrasound of music.. I mean my heart!

Oh yeah, the week was not over yet.. Monday: blood test, Tuesday: gastroscopy, Wednesday: (man I hate the spelling of that day) heart sonograph/ultrasound/ultrasonography! Yeah it's that thing they do to pregnant women with the gel and scanner thingy on the stomach. Only this was aimed at my heart. They measured every ventricle, artery, atrium and valve to make sure it's in tip-top condition. Took bloody 45min too! Why? Because the radiation will be hitting not only my tumor but also my heart, left lung, trachea and esophagus. The heart should be fine but I can get some immediate symptoms from the lung, throat and skin. Those symptoms include skin burning, heartburn (acid reflux) and "fake" pneumonia. So not real pneumonia but pretty much the same symptoms. But once again all symptoms are quite individual so you never know, I might just be compatible with radiation? ;)

2 comments:

  1. > I might just be compatible with radiation? ;)
    What are you going to do as a superhero in Finland? Matti & Mervi are, like, the worst criminals we got...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never underestimate the power of Tapolan Mustamakkara!

    ReplyDelete