Friday, March 23, 2012

Spiro II, Aki III, leaving Terveystalo!

Friday morning! Now that I knew what spirometry was all about I almost tried to fake it a little bit to make sure they find at least SOMEKIND of variations in the before and after values but not really.. What they did find is that my values (especially the important FEV 1) were kind of low for my size and age, about 80% of the reference value. This seemed to be the case with all values FVC, FEV 1, PEF, and the before and after differences were at 1-3%. To prove asthma they should be at least 12% and severe asthma up to 20%.

So back to the oh-so-familiar doc Aki Äijälä. Of course he still insisted I have some kind of asthma and that further examination should be done. Since I was quitting my job this week the free service at Terveystalo would also end. So he wrote me a recommendation to further examine the asthma by methacholine provocation. Well, that never happened! Bye bye Terveystalo!

No comments:

Post a Comment